Aims Solution

Deals in used and new computers, Hardware, Software and networking Solutions.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Install Windows From a Pendrive/Flashdrive

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
admin
Admin

PostInstall Windows From a Pendrive/Flashdrive

Install Windows From a Pendrive/Flashdrive (100 % Working Tested Method)* ~ RRG ~
~ | RRG | ~

Install Windows From a Pendrive/Flashdrive (100 % Working Tested Method)

Hii Guyz I know that many of u out there have wasted out hours on the net so that they can learn to install windows without a cdrom and have became unsuccessful ..
I was surprised that many people still don't know how to install from Pen drive...

P.N :- Many People include Engineers and PC experts

So i decided to create a comprehensive guide for all those who still are not successful in doing it. I Have Compressed the whole procedure in 3 simple steps given below.If you read this document word by word i am sure you will be able to perform it.
And Please Don't Procedure Further If You Still don't Know How to install windows from a Cd..

Lets get started...

Step 1 : Making Your PC Compatible For Installing From Pen drive

First of All you will have to see if Your Bios Supports Booting From Usb ....To Check Restart Your Pc and Press delete button repeatedly to enter bios menu...Next, go to boot device priority and check whether Booting from Usb is listed or not...if not please make a bios update from micro soft's website

P.N:-I haven't provided the link because different Processors have different bios update

After checking lets get to Step 2

Step 2 : Downloading And Running These Files
Download :
solution.rar

HP_USB_Boot_Utility.rar

P.N :- I hav also Attached the Two Files For Your Convenience

Now Extract the dos files(solution.rar) to c:\dos.Run the Hp USB format utility to format the pen drive and make it bootable.Run the Hp USB utility.select the USB drive(usually it selects automatically).Select the check box create a dos startup disk and check "using DOS system files located at and select the target location where you extracted the DOS files.
It Should Look Like This...

P.N :-If Image does not appear download 3 attachment

Now copy the other files in your extracted DOS files folder to the pen drive.Your USB should look like this.

P.N :-If Image does not appear download 4 attachment

After doing this now Lets get to Step 3...

Step 3 :- Copying Windows Files To Pen Drive And Running it

Now copy the setup files from the Win XP setup CD or from your hard disk.Your bootable Win XP USB is ready.

Now Put Your Pen drive In Usb Port And Restart Your Comp.Go to Bios Menu And Select Usb As First Bootable device in Boot Priority Menu And Restart

The cursor will stop with a drive.Type nc and hit enter. Norton Commander will open.This will copy all files from pen drive to disk C.

P.N :- It takes time to copy the files..Go watch Tv for sometime

You can also install directly from the pen drive by typing "cd I386" and then running "winnt" instead entering the Norton commander.

Remove Your Pen drive and reboot your system.The system will enter the windows setup wizard.Then the usual routine as installing from a CD. WHOA IT'S DONE

I forgot to tell that this guide is for fat32 file system which is pretty much slow.....I will be making ntfs file system guide if i get enough requests in replies......
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aimssolution.forumotion.net