How to prevent your PEN drive from VIRUS
Friends many of your PC/laptop's normally gets virus because of Pen Drives or USB devices (Even PC's who are not connected to network ). Some Virus like Ravmon Virus , Heap41a worm which are not detected by anti virus normally spreads mostly by the Pen Drives . In such a case what can you do to prevent your PC from getting infected with Virus that spreads through USB devices or Pen Drives ?
You can protect your PC by just following the simple steps below . It won't take much time.
Connect your Pen Drive or USB drive to your computer .
Now a dialogue window will popup asking you to choose among the options as shown in the figure.
Don't choose any of them , Just simply click Cancel.
*Now go to Start--> Run and type cmd to open the Command Prompt window .
*Now go to My Computer and Check the Drive letter of your USB drive or Pen Drive.
( E.g. If it is written Kingston (I), then I: will be the drive letter .)
*In the Command Window ( cmd ) , type the drive letter: and Hit Enter .
*Now type dir/w/o/a/p and Hit Enter
*You will get a list of files . In the list , search if anyone of the following do exist
2. New Folder.exe
8. RVHost.exe or any other files with .exe Extension .
If you find any one of the files above , Run the command attrib -h -r -s -a *.* and Hit Enter.
Now Delete each File using the following Command del filename ( E.g del autorun.inf ) .
That's it .Now just scan your USB drive with the anti virus you have to ensure that you made your Pen
Drive free of Virus .
This virus is very very common now...
To know whether ur system is infected just type C:\heap41a in the address bar...
if there is a folder named heap41a, then ur system is infected...
(AVAST antivirus is the best solution for this worm...) symantec also works
* Open command line (CMD) and write the following:
del /a:rhs [driveletter]:autorun.inf
* Simply Replace [driveletter] with your drive. If the virus is on the D drive the commad will be
del /a:rhs D:autorun.inf
* Restart the computer & Done.
Genreally when you refresh the windows explorer view a bounded virus process recreates this file. This file is attached to many events of windows explorer including OPEN, REFRESH, etc.
You must close opened explorer windows.
1. Open up a command prompt (i.e. cmd.exe) >> to load it go to Run, type cmd, enter.
2. Now to remove virus’s attributes (in order to delete it type following line by line and execute them pressing enter.
F:attrib -s -r -h *.*
If there are any malicious EXE files those are now visible so if unnecessary delete them too.
3. After finishing above, quickly remove the pendrive as soon as posible (just after executing del command).
4. Now your pen is without virus activation config. file. Now you can safely delete unnecessary EXE files on it.