Format a USB Flash Drive with NTFS file system
To enable NTFS on your USB Flash Drive drive
1. Right click My Computer and select Manage.
2. Open the Device Manager and find your USB drive under the Disk Drives heading.
3. Right click the drive and select Properties.
4. Choose Policies tab and select the "Optimize for performance" option.
5. Click OK.
6. Open My Computer.
7. Select Format on the flash drive.
8. Choose NTFS in the File System dropdown box.
9. It will take a little more time for formatting. Device Formatting is completed.
You will also notice a speed increase in writing and reading data with your pendrive, this is because the pendrive or USB drive is now optimized for performance mode.
Please Note: To remove a device safely without data loss use a "safely remove hardware" procedure or Eject function from Windows Explorer.
This is because, when you copy a huge file, (lets say 100mb size) will show on pen drive immediately, but its actully being copied in cache. That means it will improve the pen drive performance.